Thursday 31 October 2013

UK Government Funds Anti-Piracy Outfit With Taxpayer Money

UK Government Funds Anti-Piracy Outfit With Taxpayer Money, reportsTorrentFreak, not the most objective of sources but frequently a saner one than some on the protectionist side. Am I right to be appalled that the government should be diverting some of my taxes to subsidise a private business offering services to well-off foreign businesses, to facilitate the enforcement of their private property rights? Of course I am. If I have to evict squatters from a piece of land that I own, can I expect support from publicly-funded services? In some circumstances, the police could become involved, but not in a straightforward civil dispute, so why should the government be wasting public money in this way when much more deserving causes are suffering cuts?

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online